A vibrant church growing, and influencing others towards Christlikeness.
Main Point: Friends and relationships are a reward, support, comfort and security.
- Life will be meaningless without family and friends (vv7-8)
- “Two are better than one (v9a)
- The benefits of friendship and relationships (vv9-12)
- Reward (v9) “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil.”
- Support (v10) “For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!”
- Comfort (v11) “Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone?”
- Security (v12) “And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”
- The greatest friend we could ever have is Jesus (John 15:13-15)
- What relationships (family, relatives, friends, spiritual friendship) do i lack and need to strengthen?
- Who is someone I can be a friend to support and help?