A vibrant church growing, and influencing others towards Christlikeness.
- The ABC Model of behavioural therapy is used to reshape negative thoughts and feelings into more positive ways.
- Activating Event (Something happens)
- Belief (My inner thinking)
- Consequence (My response)
- Ecclesiastes 7:1-13 propose the following beliefs to adopt and hold in life, to make the best of situations and live well.
- I will be a positive impact on others (v1)
- I will live with God in the equation [with God in mind] (v2)
- I will grieve but stand again with God’s help (v3, 4)
- I will learn from my mistake and not repeat it (v5, 6)
- I will stay true to my goal and press on (vv8)
- I will cherish today and make good memories (v10)
- A wise person embraces these beliefs (v11-13). The wisdom from God enables him to live a life that is pure, peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere (James 3:17).
- What are your distorted and irrational beliefs that cause you stress and pain?
- Which of the beliefs from Ecclesiastes 7:1-13 will you adopt and practice this week?