A vibrant church growing, and influencing others towards Christlikeness.
God’s Design for Singlehood (1 Corinthians 7:6-9; 32-40)
Main Point: Singlehood is God’s gift and a season to be devoted to Christ and serve Him.
Introduction: The different groups and causes of singlehood.
- The Biblical Understanding of Singlehood
- Singlehood is a gift from God (1 Cor 7:6-8)
- The advantages of singlehood (1 Cor 7:32-35)
- Free from anxieties of married lives
- Undivided devotion to the Lord
- The Struggles of Singlehood
- Our Response to Singlehood
- Thank God for the gift of singlehood.
- Glorify God with our bodies
- The church is God’s family to singles
- Supporting the single parent
4. Our identity and deepest satisfaction are not in our marital status but in Christ
- God’s purpose for singlehood is having an “undivided devotion to the Lord (v35b)” How can I grow in this aspect?
- Who are the singles around you? What are their needs? How can I be of support and encouragement to them?